Founded in 1977, the Association of Manufacturers and Formulators of Enzyme Products (AMFEP) is a non-profit European industry association.
The main objectives of AMFEP are:
- to provide a common basis for representing the interests of its members both towards the institutions of the European Union as well as national authorities;
- to represent the interests of its members in international organisations;
- to assure a free flow of information between its members on developments related to the regulatory status of enzymes in the EU;
- to inform its customers and other interested parties on the efficacy and safety aspects of its enzyme products;
- to defend and promote the products of the enzyme industry.
AMFEP successfully co-operates with European institutions and partner associations worldwide, has observer status in Codex Alimentarius, is a member of the EFSA Stakeholders Consultative platform and of EU Specialty Food Ingredients, and is one of ECHA’s accredited stakeholder organisations. AMFEP is also a founding member of the International Enzymes Co-ordination Group (IECG). In addition, AMFEP is member of and hosts the services of the Enzymes REACH consortium.
EU Transparency register # 25945099095-69